Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Why Venue Coordinators are NOT Wedding Coordinators by Leigh Pearce Weddings :: North Carolina Wedding Invitations

Many couples have recently gotten engaged this holiday season and are about the start the wedding planning process. One of the big decisions (after date and location) is whether or not to hire a wedding coordinator. So I've asked good friend Leigh Pearce of Leigh Pearce Weddings to provide for some clarification about the difference between venue coordinators and wedding coordinators as well as what makes her so special. Take it away, Leigh!
::::::

Scenario: I have a consultation with a bride who is about 50% through her planning process and is in need of a coordinator. She originally decided against hiring one because her venue has a “wedding coordinator.” Fortunately, she has come to the realization that her venue coordinator is not the same thing as a wedding coordinator and has plenty of time to remedy the problem. Most brides don't find out until the day of the wedding. Here are the top 7 differences between a venue coordinator and wedding coordinator:

Photo Courtesy of Alexa's Photography


1. Your venue coordinator is not going to confirm final details with your vendors (like making sure the cake arrives while the florist is there so it can be decorated). Your wedding coordinator will.

2. Your venue coordinator is not going to help you plan your ceremony (who walks with whom and when). Your wedding coordinator will.

3. Your venue coordinator is not going to set up your decor, make sure the linens aren't wrinkled, or arrange flowers. Your wedding coordinator will.

4. Your venue coordinator is not going to direct your rehearsal, run your last minute errands (because you forgot to buy a unity candle), or remind you to give the officiant the marriage license. Your wedding coordinator will. 

5. Your venue coordinator is not going to make sure your DJ shows up on time or remind the caterer of the changes you made with the salad. Your wedding coordinator will.

6. Your venue coordinator isn't going to pack up your champagne flutes with bubble wrap and put your gifts in your car before you leave for the night. Your wedding coordinator will.

7. Your venue coordinator works for your venue. Your wedding coordinator works for YOU.

Photo courtesy of Alexa's Photography


All that being said, I love working with venue coordinators. I understand why they do what they do because, before starting Leigh Pearce Weddings, I was a venue coordinator. I rented the event space to brides, checked that clients used our preferred caterers, and made sure that all aspects of the event relating to the venue were taking care of. I wasn't able to help direct the ceremony because I was showing the caterer where to take the garbage out. I wasn't able to cue the toasts because I was snaking a drain in the women's bathroom. Most aren't helping you because they don't want to, they aren't helping because they have other tasks to take care of on your wedding day. 

About Leigh (in her own words): "I am a lover of all things wedding and a North Carolina girl to the core. Leigh Pearce Weddings is more than my business.. it's my dream. A big smile from one of my sweet brides always makes my day. I believe in having a wedding style and never a theme. I love my cowboy boots, pimento cheese, NC State football, my two sweet puppies, and happy brides. I say 'Bless you heart' way too much and I'm proud to be from a small, Southern town. I am so excited to get to know you and I can't wait to work with you to create the most important day of your life!"

::::::

Thank you Leigh for your knowledge and expertise, I greatly appreciate it and I know many engaged couples appreciate the information! You can check out Leigh online here or on her Facebook page. Give her a call at 336-552-5645 or shoot her an email at leigh@leighpearceweddings.com.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Bridal Flavors

    I was so impressed with this post that I included it in a blog post I wrote today. If you would like to read it, here is the link to my post;
    http://ncweddingministerblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/understanding-difference-between.html

    I made sure you and Leigh were given the credit and included links to your blog post and her website.

    Most Sincerely

    Rev. Barbara Lodge
    __

    (919) 942-2808
    rev.lodge@ncweddingminister.com
    www.ncweddingminister.com
    www.ncweddingministerblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete